[图片0]
为什么我们似乎总是跑来跑去像只无头的鸡?我们用任务列表、事件、会议和它们之间的其它安排填满了我们的日程表。韦博国际英语分享关于迟到的英语对话,让英语表达更流利。
Sorry,Ms. Liz,I'm late.
对不起,丽兹女士,我迟到了。
Jenny,that's the second time this week,isn't it?
珍妮,这是本星期的第二次了,不是吗?
Yes. My bus was late again.
是的,我的公共汽车又来迟了。
Is it possible for you to take an earlier bus?
你能不能搭乘一班早一些的汽车呢?
I think so. I' m going to do that tomorrow.
我想是可以的,我明天就这么办。
Good idea, Jenny. How' s your family?
好主意,珍妮,你家里好吗?
Not too bad, thanks. only I have two kids to look after. They' re of school age now.
不算太坏,谢谢。只是我有两个孩子需要照看,他们现在都已到上学年龄了。
So you have to send them to school before coming here, don' t you?
所以你得先送他们上学然后才来这儿,是吗?
Yes. That' s the headache I have every day.
是的,这是我每天遇到的头疼事。
I quite understand. Life is always harder for mothers.
我很理解,母亲们的生活总是艰苦些。
You' re right, but we just can' t help it.
对呀,可是我们实在没办法。
Perhaps we can change your working hours a bit if you wish, Jenny.
珍妮,如果你愿意,也许我们可以调整一下你的工作时间。
No, thanks, I can manage.
不用了,谢谢。我能设法应付的。
All right. If there' s anything I can do for you, please don' t hesitate to let me know.
好吧,如果有什么事我能为你做的,尽管告诉我。
That' s very kind of you, Ms. Liz.
你太好了,丽兹女士。
[图片1]